This post explains how to track the effectiveness of a partner link using the SubId.
To see how effective your various Travelpayouts affiliate links are, you can add a SubID to each link when you create it. This will allow you to track the performance of each individual link and determine which links are more popular among the readers and which are not.
You can use this information to improve link placement, for example, if the link is not clicked as often as you wish, you can try placing it in the other part of the article. You can also try to create a more motivating sentence leading to the link to attract more readers.
How to add SubID to ready-made links
1. Go to the program catalog.
2. Find the needed program and open its page by clicking on its name.
Note: You need to connect to the program to get access to Links.
3. On the program's page go to the Tools tab and open the Links section.
4. For the ready-made links click Get link.
5. In the pop-up window, you will find the SubID field. Enter any value in the field, it can be a number, a name, or anything that you will later use in the statistics to identify this particular link.
6. Copy the link.
7. Place the link on your resource and wait for the statistics to show.
How to add SubID to deep links
You can also add SubID in the deep link creation form.
The logic is the same as in ready-made links: enter a value into the SubID field and copy the link.
You can also add a SubID in the Create a link menu:
How to check statistics for each SubID separately
You can create as many SubIDs as you want and view reports in your Travelpayouts account to find statistics for each SubID. There are two ways to do this.
1. You can enter a specific SubID in the SubID field and click Apply. The statistics will be updated to show only the data for the chosen SubID.
2. You can also use Group by SubID filter. This way your report will be split into lines containing data about every single SubID including its description.
This is incredibly convenient if you are placing multiple links on your resources. For example, if you place links or search forms in the text of articles, you can create a different SubID for each link and search form. The statistics will show which links give you the most conversions and purchases. Then you can concentrate on writing more articles of this type or place links in better places, thus gaining more revenue.