Learn what is Emerald by Travelpayouts and how it can help monetize travel blogs.
We're excited to introduce Emerald, a new product designed to streamline content monetization. While the details are still under wraps for testers, we wanted to give you a sneak peek at what it's all about.
What is Emerald?
Emerald is an AI-powered script that monetizes your travel content in just a few clicks.
It carefully analyzes your blog and automatically adds the best-fit affiliate tools where they are most likely to generate profit. As a result, it gives you the best chance for the highest income while freeing up time for you to enjoy traveling, discovering, and creating.
Emerald works with pages, whether they have existing affiliate tools or not. This means that it’s not necessary to have any previously placed links, widgets, etc in your articles. Emerald effortlessly handles the task of tool integration for you, acting as a smart virtual assistant.
If you already have tools, Emerald will additionally enrich your article and help you find additional ways to monetize your content. All your previously placed tools will not be touched.
What tools does Emerald offer?
Emerald natively integrates Travelpayouts affiliate links into the blog’s context, taking readers to products and services, which they are most likely to purchase.
In addition, Emerald offers unique tools that help increase conversion rate, such as:
- Tooltips — In-text previews of travel services promoted through affiliate links. They appear each time a user hovers over an affiliate link and provide quick details such as a brief tour description. These in-text previews help readers make decisions without leaving the page, which, in turn, helps bloggers retain traffic and boost conversion.
- Recommendation blocks — Short summaries that show up at the end of each article. They highlight the most popular travel products readers are likely to buy, enabling them to easily review and purchase travel services without the extra hassle. As a result, these summaries boost conversions.
Requirements for testers
We invite you to be part of Emerald’s development journey. As a beta tester, you'll have an exclusive opportunity to explore this feature before its official release.
To become a beta tester, make sure you meet the following criteria:
- You are a Travelpayouts Member.
- Your blog is in English and caters to an English-speaking audience.
- Your blog has a minimum of 50 pages.
- Your blog has at least 3,000 monthly active visitors.
How to apply for Emerald beta?
Curious to see what Emerald is all about? Visit this link to sign up for beta testing.
Your insights and feedback will play a crucial role in shaping the final version of Emerald. Please note that the number of available spots is limited. We will carefully review all applications and contact you directly if your application is confirmed.
Does Emerald slow down the website's load time or affect its performance?
The simple answer is: no, it will not. The script of Emerald is downloaded and executed asynchronously, meaning it will load independently of any other scripts or elements on the page and will not cause any blocking.
You need to remember that many factors, such as your web hosting and page size, affect page loading speed.
While Emerald may show up in Google's PageSpeed tool as well as every other script installed on your website, Emerald is a lightweight script specifically designed to have no negative impact on page load speed. Here's why:
- Async Loading: Emerald is specifically designed to load asynchronously, meaning it loads separately from the rest of the page. This ensures that the user can view other page content without any delay.
- Optimized Performance: We prioritize optimizing the performance and loading speed of Emerald. We invest considerable time and effort in fine-tuning its efficiency.
- Smart Caching: We use a common code base for all scripts that is distributed through a Content Delivery Network (CDN) specific to your region. This caching mechanism stores the script code in the browser, eliminating the need to load scripts on subsequent visits, as the data is already stored.
Does Emerald affect CWVs?
No, Emerald will not have any effect on your Core Web Vitals metrics.
What brands does Emerald support?
You can find the current list of brands in the list below:
- Discover Cars
The list is constantly updated, so stay tuned!
Can I manually select which brands or travel niches Emerald can use?
No. Currently, any manually imposed restrictions on travel niches or brands from which Emerald can choose would significantly hinder its effectiveness. However, we make sure Emerald chooses a diverse set of brands and travel niches. Emerald takes into consideration the brands and travel niches (like hotels, tours, flights, etc) already covered in the article and tries to integrate brands from travel niches not yet mentioned.
Can I exclude specific articles from Emerald?
Yes, you can create a blacklist of pages you don’t want to monetize.
Can I limit the number of tools added to the page?
No. The number of tools integrated by Emerald is chosen strategically and can vary depending on several factors:
- Page content: we consider whether it can be possibly monetized and smartly distribute links through the page
- Location of the monetization tools already added before Emerald: we avoid placing new tools near existing ones
- The overall number of affiliate tools already used in the article. We set a reasonable maximum limit of tools Emerald can add, so the content doesn’t look too promotional.
To sum it up - we care about site visitors' experience and not trying to harm it with aggressive monetization.
Will Emerald change the links that I have previously placed?
No, it will not. Emerald will only insert tooltips for the Travelpayouts affiliate links.
Can I use Emerald if I don’t have a website?
No. Emerald can only be used on websites and blogs that support external code. Other platforms and resources are not supported.
Will Emerald place tools on my landing pages or any other pages that don’t contain travel content?
No, Emerald will only monetize travel-related posts and pages with sufficient content.
Can I change the color and the design of the recommendation block and tooltips?
No, currently there is no possibility to manually customize the appearance of the tools. Emerald is designed to analyze the colors used on the page and select a similar color for the tools.
Can I use Emerald if I have other scripts installed on my website?
Yes, you can use Emerald even if you have other scripts installed, such as Stay22, Mediavine, or Ezoic. Emerald will not affect any tools that are already in place within your articles.