What You Should Know About the Travelpayouts Affiliate Program
- You earn approx. $7 from each sold plane ticket and an average of $20 from each hotel booking, if the average booking bill is $400.
- The payments from hotel bookings are made with a delay, and only after the traveler checks out from the hotel. Please, don’t be surprised if you don’t see this profit in your Member Area at once. Wait a little, and you’ll surely see it there.
- If a ticket is purchased on the website of a low-cost airline company (airasia.com, ryanair.com, bangkokair.com, tiger.com, jetstar.com, or flydubai.com) you won’t get any profit, since these companies don’t pay us any commissions for the tickets they sell. However, to enable the users look for the cheapest airline tickets, we have to show the prices offered by the low-cost airline companies in the search results.
- A user who followed your link gets a cookie with a lifetime of 30 days. This means that all the airline ticket purchases and hotel bookings made by the user within 30 days from the date of creation of the cookie with your marker on the user’s computer will be attributed to you.
- If a user installs a mobile app the browser cookie lifetime becomes unlimited, which means that all the subsequent purchases by the user will be attributed to you.
- The more users install our mobile apps by following your links, the higher are your profits.
- The best conversion rate is ensured by blog posts in which bloggers recommend a certain direction, a hotel, or an offer.
- It is not enough to put a form on the sidebar or add a link into the menu — this won’t let you achieve the effect you want. The correct placement is horizontal, right after the article. The visitor reads your article and gets interested in buying a ticket, instead of missing the form while reading. Also, you need to encourage your visitors to make the purchase, to go for the trip, and to interact with the form.
- If your post is dedicated to a certain city, insert its name into the search forms / widgets. If you tell a story about a certain hotel, suggest a link to that hotel, or better yet, use our hotel widget. This will increase conversion rate and your profit.
- Use several widgets on the page. For instance, the search form in the beginning and the Calendar Widget in the end of a post.
- Recommend our mobile apps. Since your markers are tied to them forever, you will get profits for the whole app’s lifetime on the users’ devices.
- Use information from the special offers feed for writing content.
If the ready-made tools are not enough for you, you can always benefit from our API. It will increase your opportunities and provide different statistics. You can learn all the details from the "Developers (API and data)" section.
But for starters, take a look at the following articles, which provide step-by-step introductions:
- First steps;
- Getting started;
- Allowable traffic types;
- Commission and payments;
- Affiliate tools;
- Mobile app for searching tickets and hotels;
- White Label;
- How to...
Feel free to contact our Support Team if you still have any questions.
Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Submit a request