What you should know about Travelpayouts
The use of Travelpayouts tools is totally free. They become available immediately after you register. Unlike traditional booking systems, we don’t charge anything to connect you to the network.
- We share up to 70% of our earnings generated by your traffic. For example, affiliates earn about 1.1–1.5% from flights booking and 4-5% from hotels booking. Detailed information about the calculation of revenue is here.
- The payments from hotel bookings are made at a delay and only after travelers check out of a hotel. Please don’t be surprised if you don’t see this profit in your Member Area right away. Wait a bit, and you will surely see it there.
- If a ticket is purchased on the website of a low-cost airline company (airasia.com, ryanair.com, bangkokair.com, tiger.com, jetstar.com, or flydubai.com), you won’t receive any profit since these companies don’t pay us any revenue for the tickets they sell. However, to enable users to look for the cheapest airline tickets, we must show in the search results the prices offered by low-cost airline companies.
- A cookie is set to the user who follows your link, the lifetime of which for most programs is 30 days. This means that you will be credited with all purchases of air tickets and hotel reservations made within 30 days from the date the cookie with your token was created by the user.
- The best conversion rate is ensured by blog posts in which bloggers recommend a certain direction, a hotel, or an offer.
- It is not enough to put a form on the sidebar or add a link to the menu — this won’t ensure that you achieve the result you want. The correct placement is horizontal, right after the article. The visitor reads your article and gets interested in buying a ticket instead of missing the form while reading. Also, you must encourage your visitors to make the purchase, to go for the trip, and to interact with the form.
- If your post is dedicated to a certain city, insert its name into the search forms / widgets. If you tell a story about a certain hotel, suggest a link to that hotel, or better yet, use our hotel widget. This will increase the conversion rate and your profit.
- Use several widgets on the page, for instance, the search form at the beginning and the Calendar Widget at the end of a post.
- Recommend our mobile apps. Since your markers are tied to them forever, you will get profits for the app’s lifetime on users’ devices.
- Use information from the special offers feed to write content.
All the available tools are described in the Affiliate Tools sections.
If the ready-made tools are not enough, you can always benefit from our API. It will increase your opportunities and provide different statistics. You can learn all the details from the Developers (API and data) section.
However, for starters, take a look at the following articles, which provide step-by-step introductions:
- First steps
- Getting started
- Allowable traffic types
- Revenue and payments
- Affiliate Tools
- Mobile app for searching tickets and hotels
- White Label
Feel free to contact our Support Team if you still have questions.