This post explains how travel agencies can start working with Travelpayouts.
Travelpayouts is a digital partnership platform dedicated to all things travel, on which trusted brands like Booking.com, TripAdvisor, and GetYourGuide work with over 300,000 bloggers, content creators, and travel agencies around the world to offer the best travel deals.
Travel agencies of any size can join Travelpayouts for free, offer their customers a full set of travel services, and earn more. Simply recommend services that best fit your customer’s wishes, such as flight tickets, hotels, car rentals, etc. For each sale, you will receive an affiliate reward.
What You Should Know About Travelpayouts
- Travelpayouts is a digital partnership platform with a human-first approach. We bring together more than 100 travel brands, including Booking.com, TripAdvisor, GetYourGuide, and others.
- Brands share commissions with partners on each sale based on the service prices (for example, 6% of the car rental cost) or the brand’s profits (for example, 50% of the profit from the sale of a flight). Reward rates and other conditions are available in each affiliate program description via your Travelpayouts account (you must be signed in to view this information).
- By working with Travelpayouts, your income will consist of three sources. First of all, you can set your own fee for searching, buying, booking, etc., which you can charge customers. The other two sources of your income will be purchasing and booking brands’ services, which you will receive from customers as well as an affiliate reward from Travelpayouts.
- Affiliate payouts are made automatically, once per month, between the 11th and the 20th. You can receive earned rewards via any payout method that is convenient for you. All details can be found in the Revenue — General Information section.
- Since your consumers can cancel their booking, in most cases, you will receive a commission shortly after the service has been completed (e.g., after the guest checks out of the hotel or after the guided tour is finished).
- All you have to do to earn with Travelpayouts is offer services to your customers that are available on the platform and can be booked via a special link.
- If you have your own website, you can add brands’ widgets to allow your audience to search for travel services. You can also create a White Label on your subdomain, which will enable your customers and staff to look for travel services without being redirected to brands’ websites. This will ensure that purchases made based on your recommendation will be attributed to you.
- All our tools are free to use and available to you immediately after registration. Unlike traditional booking systems, we don’t charge anything to connect the platform.
- You don’t need to teach your staff how to work with the booking system. All our tools are intuitive, straightforward, and ready for use immediately after registration.
- The sale will be credited to you in most cases within 30 days after you, your staff, or consumers visit the brand’s website. Even if your visitor leaves the brand’s website, if they make a purchase during the cookie lifetime, that sale will be credited to you. Some brands offer extended periods, such as 365 days at DiscoverCars. The exact cookie lifetime is indicated in the description of each program in your personal account.
Join Travelpayouts right now, offer your customers travel services from our brands and earn more by earning a reward for each sale.
How to Work with Travelpayouts
- Learn about your customers’ needs and find the best offer among the brands that work with Travelpayouts. You will find the full list in the Programs section of your Travelpayouts account.
- Make sure the search and purchase were made after clicking on your special affiliate link. After registration and connecting to the programs, you can generate it. Find out more information in the article titled "How to create a link to any page of the travel brand’s website".
Remember: It is important to ALWAYS generate and use affiliate links when you need to make a booking or purchase. Otherwise, the sale will not be attributed to you and you will not receive a reward for selling the service. It is also important to open the affiliate link and make purchases in the same browser.
- Ask your client to pay for the service or do it yourself. If you pay for the service instead of the client, print the e-ticket or booking confirmation that was sent to your e-mail.
- You will receive the commission from each sale, based on the brands' rules (each brand has its own rules). In addition to the commission, you can charge a service fee, which you set on your own. This can be done in any way that is convenient for you (e.g., in cash or through your POS terminal).
More Useful Information About Earning with Travelpayouts
Detailed information about the Travelpayouts digital partnership platform can be found in the Help Center. We strongly recommend that you read the following articles:
- How to start using affiliate tools
- What is Travelpayouts and how it works
- Traffic Types
- Revenue and Payments
- Affiliate Tools
- Mobile Applications for Affiliates
- White Label