Learn how to get access to the hotel search API in order to create searches for hotel rooms.
With the Search API, you can create your own searches for hotel rooms. Documentation regarding the Hotel search API is here. Access to the Hotel search API is provided on an affiliate-by-affiliate basis.
- Each search query must be initiated by the user and the results must be shown to the user in full. The results for each query must contain a Book button next to each hotel option.
- The reference to the agency's website must be received only when the user clicks the Book button. Automatic collection of all links from the answer is prohibited. Violation of this rule will disable the API search for the partner.
- It's forbidden to use requests with localhost IP addresses (127.0.0.1-127.255.255.255).
- It's forbidden to automatically collect data from search results using the search API.
- Page with found hotels should be hidden from search engine bots using the robots.txt file. For example, if a hotels list is displayed on the page www.sitename.com/search, then robots.txt should contain the lines:
- The conversion rate for searches via the Book link must be 9% or more. The conversion rate from the Book button to actual purchases must be at least 5%.
- We'll also need to see the URL of your project, your design prototypes, a description of your project, and how our API will be used.
Ajax requests to the API don’t work because the access token is passed unencrypted. You must make requests to the API from the server.
How to get access to the Search API
To get access to the Search API, send a request to email@example.com with a description of your project (see #8 above) and answers to the following questions:
- Why aren’t the standard methods of integration (search forms, White Label, API access to data, WordPress plugin) suitable for you?
- Please describe the algorithm you plan to use with our API.
- How do you plan to ask a user for the input (dates and location)?
- How do you plan to display accommodation options?
- Please provide interface designs or prototypes, so that we can understand how visitors will interact with your project.