Learn how you can provide access to your account to other users working together with you
Delegated access — is a Travelpayouts feature for partners who have a team or at least one assistant helping them with their work.
Delegating access allows adding delegates to your personal account and giving them limited access rights. These users will be able to perform specific actions within your account without you having to give them your password or disclose any of your personal information.
This feature can be very helpful if you have employees working for you or, for example, editors helping you create and promote content. Depending on the assigned role, each delegate will have access only to specific sections of the account and will be able to perform only a limited set of functions.
What roles can be assigned to delegates
You can choose from one of the following roles:
- Virtual Assistant
Roles differ in the access to sections and functions in the account which we have summarized in a table below.
|Account owner||Manager||Virtual Assistant|
|View and change personal data||✔||❌||❌|
|View and edit payout methods||✔||❌||❌|
|Create and edit Projects||✔||✔||❌|
|View programs’ details and join the programs||✔||✔||✔|
|Disconnect Projects from the programs||✔||✔||✔|
|View statistics in the Reports section||✔||✔||❌|
|View the balance and payout amount on the header of the account and in the Finance section||✔||✔||❌|
|View payout history and download reports and invoices||✔||❌||❌|
|View, copy and setup affiliate tools from the programs pages||✔||✔||✔|
|Submit requests to support||✔||✔||❌|
|Manage subscriptions settings||✔||❌||❌|
Only the owner of the account can:
- add and delete delegates.
- view and change personal data (email, password, country of residence, and other personal information).
- manage subscriptions.
- view and change payout methods.
- delete account.
How to add a delegate
1. Open your Travelpayouts account.
2. In the bottom left corner, click on your ID, and in the drop-down menu, click on Profile.
3. On the page that opens, go to the Delegated access tab and click Add delegate.
4. In the Add a delegate window, enter the user's email address, select the desired role from the drop-down list, and click Add delegate.
Please note: if there is already an account signed up for Travelpayouts for the entered email address, you will not be able to proceed.
5. Once the delegate has been added, a link will be sent to their email address to activate access. The link will be valid for 24 hours, if the access is not activated during this time, you will need to request to resend a new link.
6. After the delegate activates access, the information will be updated and the status will change to Active;
How to sign up as a delegate after receiving an invitation
After the owner of the main account creates access for the delegate, a verification email will be sent to the delegate’s email address.
To start using an assistant account, a delegate needs to sign up for Travelpayouts:
1. Click on the Verify email button in the received email;
2. In the window that appears, set the password for the account and click Change;
Done, the delegate's account is created. The user will see a welcome message and will be able to start working using the owner’s account within the user rights granted by the role.
How to change the delegate’s role
To change the role assigned to a delegate, go to the Delegated access tab and change the role by opening the drop-down list:
Access rights will be updated within 15 minutes.
Please note: you cannot change the delegate's email. In case the user has lost access to their email, it is recommended to delete the delegates' account and create a new one.
How to delete a delegate’s account
To delete a delegate's account, click the delete icon in the line with their email address:
Confirm the deletion in the pop-up window.
The selected delegate will instantly lose access to your account and will no longer be able to perform any actions.