- Use Ctrl+Shift+J (for Windows / Linux) or Cmd+Opt+J (for Mac)
- If DevTools is already open, select the Console tab
In Firefox, the console is called the web console and is part of the developer tools.
To open the web console:
- Use Ctrl+Shift+K (for Windows / Linux) or Cmd+Opt+K (for Mac)
- Or, select Web development- > Web console from the browser menu
In Safari, the console is called the web inspector.
To open the web inspector after you enable it:
- Select Development menu > Show Web inspector;
- Use Ctrl+Alt+I (for Win);
- Use Cmd+Opt+C (for Mac).
If you do not have this menu item or the web inspector does not start, go to the browser settings, select the Add-ons panel and tick the «Show Development menu in the menu bar» box.
Depending on your computer, the developer tools can be opened by pressing F12. To open developer tools from the menu:
- Open the menu (icon of three points);
- Select Developer tools.
Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Submit a request