Learn what Travelpayouts is and how to start earning on the platform.
What is Travelpayouts?
Travelpayouts is a pay-per-action travel partnership platform that includes travel brand affiliate programs. With Travelpayouts, you can make money online by promoting various travel services:
- accommodation (hotels, sanatoriums, apartment rentals)
- car, motorcycle, and bike rental
- package tours
- tours & activities
- train and bus tickets
- travel insurance
There are some key terms you need to know before starting with Travelpayouts.
- Partners — social media influencers, content creators, bloggers and vloggers, and any other users signed up for Travelpayouts. Partners promote brands using various tools and receive rewards in return.
- Partner ID - a unique ID number every partner gets after completing the sign-up. It is used to track clicks, searches, and bookings made using Travelpayouts tools.
- Project - a platform you use to promote the services of an advertiser on the Travelpayouts partnership platform. It can be websites, pages on social media, newsletters, and many more.
- Affiliate program — resource allowing users to gain revenue by promoting a brand's tools or services. Brands have programs in Travelpayouts that partners can connect to start using tools.
How does the Travelpayouts Partnership Platform work?
- You join the Travelpayouts Partnership Platform (signing up takes no more than one minute and right after completing the sign-up, you immediately get access to the affiliate dashboard). You don't have to pay anything to become a partner, it's absolutely free.
- Add information about the projects where you are going to promote travel services.
- Connect to the programs.
- Place affiliate tools on your website or another source to encourage your readers to book flights, hotels, cars, and other travel services.
- Users make bookings on your website using affiliate tools.
- You receive a reward for each booking made by your users. The revenue percentage is specified in the About tab of each program.
How is the user assigned to a partner?
The user clicks on your affiliate link. The partner ID (marker) specified in the link is set in a special cookie file on the user’s computer and is stored there for several days (the cookie lifetime). The cookie lifetime is 30 days for most of the travel brands on our platform. The exact data can be found in the About tab of each program.
This means that any purchases made by the user within 30 days after clicking on your affiliate link will be attributed to you. Even if the user closed the website and reopened it directly from a search engine or bookmark, all purchases will still be credited to the partner.
After 30 days, the user is detached from the partner. However, if they click on the affiliate link again, they’ll be assigned to the partner for another 30 days.
Note: For most programs, the following rule applies: if the user follows a link from another partner after yours, the purchase will be assigned to the last partner.
Example: On Monday, a user came across the link of Partner 1 and was assigned to them. The user searched for a ticket but didn’t buy anything. On Wednesday, the user followed the link of Partner 2 and was assigned to them. On Friday, the user visited the site from the direct link and bought a ticket. In this case, Partner 2 receives the reward because their link was used later.
Who can become a Travelpayouts partner?
- Travel website owners
- Travel bloggers
- SEO experts
- Travel agencies
- Anyone who wants to earn money on the Internet through travel-related revenues
Note that you don’t need to have a website to join the Travelpayouts Partnership Platform.
How much can I earn?
We share up to 70% of our earnings generated by your traffic. For example, partners earn about 1.1–1.5% from flight bookings and 4-5% from hotel bookings. Detailed information on how revenue is calculated can be found here.
You can find the affiliate revenue you can make with partner programs in the About tab of each program.
Our rewards match those of direct brand affiliate programs or other affiliate networks in most cases. In fact, sometimes Travelpayouts rewards are even higher. If you spot any difference, it may be due to how they're presented. A direct affiliate program might calculate the rate as a revenue share, while we express the reward as a percentage of the booking value.
Learn more about Why choose Travelpayouts over direct affiliate programs.
What affiliate tools does Travelpayouts offer?
Travelpayouts affiliate tools are available in many different languages. The tools include:
- Search forms
- Plugin for WordPress
- White label
If you’re new to our platform, we recommend that you use the search forms, as they’re the easiest and most effective tool. Check out the full list of our affiliate tools.
Find out more about how to sign up and become a Travelpayouts partner.
We also have a Quick Start Guide explaining in detail every step towards becoming a partner and starting to earn on our platform.