This post explains why you need projects as well as how to add, edit, and manage them.
What is a Project
A Project is a project which you use to promote the services of an advertiser in the Travelpayouts affiliate network.
- own sites
- pages on social networks and YouTube channels
- email newsletters
- context advertising and traffic arbitration
- offline travel agency and many more.
Projects help affiliate programs evaluate the type of traffic and its compliance with the rules.
To start working with affiliate programs, you need to create at least one project.
Opportunities for affiliates
Projects are designed to help affiliates analyze the performance of every platform on which you use affiliate tools and promote partner programs. Together with the Sub ID, projects make tracking sales and statistics more convenient and transparent.
Besides, having created a project once and having filled in all necessary information, you can apply for joining any program in two clicks (earlier for each application it was necessary to fill in everything from scratch).
You can create projects for different resources, areas of activity and so on. All affiliate tools can be viewed in statistics by project.
How to add a project
There are two ways to add a new project:
- through a special section;
- when applying to join a program.
To add a new project, go to the Projects section.
Once in the Projects tab, click Create project.
Next choose the option that suits you best from the list:
For example, if you have your own blog, through which you sometimes order travel services — choose the first option. If you own a travel agency, which has a website you can create two projects — one for customers from the website, and the second one for those who come to your office.
After choosing the project type, click Next.
Specify the project URL at the second step. You can combine platforms you use. For example, you may list a website, a social media page and a YouTube channel as one project if they have a common audience and topic.
In the next step, enter a name for the project. Create short but understandable titles to help you navigate project reports.
Select the channels for your project. For example, you have a website about traveling in Europe. And also a social network and newsletter. You do not need to create a separate project for each channel, you just need to select them in this step.
Tip: If you have content on a coupon project, estimate the number of clients visiting your project to read articles and those who come by coupon requests. Select the option which generates more traffic.
- audience — how many people every month attract your project (taking into account all the channels that are included in it)
- geography — which countries the project is designed for
- languages — what languages support your project.
After filling in all fields, click Create project. A notification about the project creation will appear.
Creating a project when submitting an application
Another way to create a new project is to send a request to join a affiliate program.
Go to the Programs section and choose an advertiser you are interested in. Once in the About tab, click Join.
If you have already created projects, you will be able to select one of them when submitting your request. The description of the project already contains all the necessary information that advertisers require to approve your request.
To create a new project and send a request to join a program, click Create. Further, all steps are similar to the process of creating a project described above.
If you send a request to join an advertiser to an advertiser that approves each project manually, the status of the application will be displayed in the About tab.
If the program doesn’t require pre-approval, the project will be immediately connected to the program.
After that, you can go to the Tools section and get the link or widget code with the project ID.
You can disconnect any project at any time and connect another project instead. To do this, open the affiliate program page and click Manage Projects.
You’ll see a pop-up window with the list of all your projects:
- Disconnect — disconnects the project from the program. Pay attention: transitions through tools that were added within the framework of this project will no longer be recorded in the statistics.
- Join — send a request to connect a new project. You can connect any number of project if they do not contradict the rules of the affiliate program. If you have connected several projects, you can choose them in the settings of affiliate tools.
To edit the project data, go to the Projects section and click the pencil icon opposite the project name.
You can edit:
- project name
- channels — If, for example, there is a channel on YouTube linked to a site, you can add it in the editing section. Then the traffic from YouTube will also be counted in the statistics for that project
- project details.
After you finish editing the project, click Save.
If you have stopped working on a project and want to completely hide it from statistics and personal account, in edit mode, click Archive.
If you still have questions about working with projects, please contact our support team.