Allowable traffic types
The article contains information on the allowed types of traffic in the Travelpayouts affiliate program. Please note that this information is only relevant for brands Aviasales, Jetradar and Hotellook. If you are interested in the allowed traffic for offers in the affiliate network, see the Offers summary information.
Below the table, you will find a description of the types of traffic.
|Contextual advertising||Forbidden if to the jetradar.com, jetradar.de, jetradar.co.uk, jetradar.co.uk, jetradar.co.nz, jetradar.sg, jetradar.in, jetradar.es, jetradar.co.th, hotellook.com, hotellook.de, hotellook.com.au, hotellook.co.uk, hotellook.es, aviasales.ru domains, allowable through White Label|
|Groups and pages in social networks||Allowed, except SPAM|
|Targeted ads in social networks||Forbidden|
|Applications in social networks||By agreement|
|Messengers (Telegram, Viber and others)||Allowed, except SPAM|
|In mobile apps||Forbidden|
Forbidden (affiliate links to the Aviasales, Jetradar or Hotellook websites)
|Retargeting / Remarketing||Forbidden|
- Brand ads - Use of the name or its derivatives in advertisements (for example, tickets on #Jetradar#). You can allow or forbid for affiliates to bid on and/or make use of the advertiser's brand name or its derivatives. You can also mention those forbidden derivatives\keywords in the "other" section.
- Teaser advertising - Teaser advertising is a term used for an advertising campaign where series of ads are presented to the consumer without revealing the complete identity of the product or brand till the last ad. Teaser advertising campaigns consist of two parts: series of teaser ads (one or more than one) and a revealer ad. Typically, the ads are placed on sites with mainstream traffic (news aggregators and so on).
- Click-Under - Aggressive advertising. The window with the advertiser's site is opened under the current user's window. Regardless of the will of the user, after any click on the original site.
- Pop-Up - Aggressive advertising. A pop-up window opens above the current window, when you click on any area of the original site.
- Pop-Under - Aggressive advertising. While user reading the page, without disturbing the user, a new BACKGROUND window opens. This window loads the advertised website.
- Email marketing - Using affiliate links in the email marketing, using own email addresses database. SPAM is forbidden by default.
- Groups and pages in social networks - Advertising on the pages of VK, Facebook and other social networks
- Targeted ads in social networks - Display ads in VK, Facebook and other social networks using the features of the advertising network to target the ads - send to a specific audience, for example, 18-26 years, men, New York.
- Applications in social networks - Display ads in VK applications. Built-in advertising or advertising via ad networks.
- Messengers (Telegram, Viber and others) - Distribution of advertising links and other advertising materials in messengers Telegram, Viber and others. You can place links in your channels / groups (if their content does not contradict the law). Advertising is allowed in other people's channels / groups, in agreement with their owners. SPAM is forbidden by default.
- In mobile apps - Display ads (in various formats) in mobile applications. Built-in advertising or advertising via ad networks.
- Doorways - Doorway pages are web pages that are created (could be generated) for the deliberate manipulation of search engine indexes (spamdexing). Often has low quality traffic, which nevertheless is able to generate sales.
- Motivated traffic - The user is motivated to go through advertising and make an action. Motivation is usually a cash or bonus - for example, buy an insurance / tour and get [bonus]
- Cash back - return to the buyer part of the paid amount. For example, a webmaster promises to everyone who buys insurance on his link a refund of 4% of the cost of insurance. Webmaster reimburses 4% of his commission.
- Iframe - Often fraudulent traffic. Usually, an "invisible" iframe is used, in order to put the cookie for maximum number of visitors.
- Toolbar - Often fraudulent traffic. Partner A distributes its Toolbar (browser plugin), which changes the cookie of the original partner B, who in real attracted the buyer. As a result, the commission on the basis of Cookie goes to the wrong person.
- Retargeting / Remarketing - A user who has already been interested in the product, but has not made a purchase, can be "found" by Retargeting / Remarketing. Retargeting, also known as remarketing, is a form of online advertising. that can help you keep your brand in front of bounced traffic after they, leave your website.
- Type-in - For example, the partner creates a site: hotelook.com (original: hotellook.com), and places affiliate tools in the hope that the user enters the name of the site (type-in) in the browser incorrectly.
- Promotional codes - Use promotional codes of the advertiser used for other marketing activities to attract users.
- Adult-traffic - Traffic from sites for adults.
- Youtube-traffic - Traffic from Youtube.
Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Submit a request