This post shares the contents and main features of the Travelpayouts app (for Android and iOS).
This article contains descriptions of the content and general functions of the Travelpayouts mobile app, available for both Android and iOS. The app is a mobile version of the affiliate dashboard, but it has additional features that are described below.
General overview of the app
The main purpose of the app is to show the overall and detailed statistics for affiliate programs.
The app also allows you to:
- receive notifications
- check your balance and payments history
- share your referral link
- find the information on how to earn with Travelpayouts
- send requests to our support team.
Please note that with the Travelpayouts app it isn't possible to edit your personal details, set or change payment details, change your email address, copy affiliate links or widget codes, or add Projects.
You can navigate the app using the following tabs in the bottom panel (footer):
In the upper part of the main screen of the app, you'll find:
- Bell button — this button will open up system notifications.
- Earnings — the partner’s pending revenue that includes the bookings with a "Paid" status. The balance changes in accordance with the date and time of payouts. Clicking on the Earnings button will open the Finance screen, where the details of the balance changes and completed payouts are displayed.
- Payment pending — the amount that the partner is due to be paid within the next payment period (doesn’t include potential income). As in the case of Earnings, the Finance screen opens when clicking on this button.
Information on the statistics for different programs is displayed in the main part of the screen.
- Paid — the number of paid bookings.
- Payout — the reward amount for paid bookings.
- Impressions — the number of displays for widgets and search forms for affiliate programs.
- Clicks — the number of clicks on affiliate links or other tools.
- Pending — the number of bookings that are being processed and confirmed on the travel brands' end.
- Cancelled — the number of canceled bookings.
- Potential income — the income that will be generated after a booking's status changes from "Pending" to "Paid".
To see the detailed information for a particular affiliate program, click on the card with its name, and a screen with the affiliate program summary will open.
You can switch between the screens using the drop-down menu in the upper part of the screen.
You can filter the data by period: current day, yesterday, current week, current month, last month, or specify a custom period.
Clicking on With data will show you the following options:
- With data — only programs that have data (clicks, impressions, income, etc.).
- Pinned only — only programs you've pinned using the Pin button.
The displayed data changes depending on the selected option.
In the top right corner of the screen, you'll see the Log out button, which allows you to log out of the affiliate dashboard. When clicking this button, a confirmation pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the action.
In the header, you can also do the following:
- Check the server time.
- Double-check your account email address.
- Check and copy your partner ID.
- Turn on or turn off push notifications.
In the main part of the profile screen, you'll find your referral link, which can be shared to attract new users.
You can also find the following links on this screen:
- Information on the app, containing a list of Travelpayouts social networks, and a link to instructions.
- Terms and conditions.
The following buttons are available on the support screen:
- Help center — open the materials from Travelpayouts Help Center.
- My requests — this section contains the history of your request sent to the Travelpayouts support team. You can quickly send a new request to Travelpayouts support by clicking the Contact us link.
- Create a request — send a question to the Travelpayouts support team.