What you should known about Travelpayouts
- In Travelpayouts you earn approximately $7 from each sold plane ticket and an average of $20 from each hotel booking, if the average booking bill is $400.
- Payments from hotel bookings are made on a delay, and only after the traveler checks out from the hotel. Please don’t be surprised if you don’t see this profit in your Member Area right away. Wait a bit, and you’ll surely see it there.
- If a ticket is purchased on the website of a low-cost airline company (airasia.com, ryanair.com, bangkokair.com, tiger.com, jetstar.com, or flydubai.com), you won’t receive any profit because these companies don’t pay us commissions for the tickets they sell. However, to enable users to look for the cheapest airline tickets, we must show in the search results the prices offered by low-cost airline companies.
- A user who follows your link gets a cookie with a lifetime of 30 days. This means all the airline ticket purchases and hotel bookings made by the user within 30 days of the date of creation of the cookie with your marker on the user’s computer will be attributed to you.
- The more users who install our mobile apps by following your links, the higher your profits.
- Segment your traffic as much as possible and use additional markers in our system to analyze each form.
- While promoting websites, remember that different search queries have different conversion rates:
Good ones: „buy / price / tickets / cost” + direction;
Bad ones: „schedule / flights / distance / reviews”, filler words „where / how / without”
- To create your own Jetradar/Hotellook and get statistics, use our API. (All details can be found in the "Developers" section.)
- Use your posts to encourage your visitors to make a purchase, travel, and interact with our tools. Suggest that they conduct a search, and show them exactly how they can do it (by using a form or a widget).
- It is not enough to put a form on the sidebar or add a link to the menu — this won’t let you achieve the effect you want. The correct placement is horizontal, right after the article. The visitor reads your article and becomes interested in buying a ticket instead of missing the form while reading. Also, encourage your visitors to make the purchase, go on the trip, and interact with the form.
- If your post is dedicated to a certain city, insert its name into the search forms / widgets. If you tell a story about a certain hotel, suggest a link to that hotel, or better yet, use our hotel. This will increase your conversion rate and profit.
- Use several widgets on the page. For instance, the search form in the beginning and the Calendar Widget in the end of a post.
- Recommend our mobile apps. Since your markers are tied to them forever, you will get profits for the whole app’s/plugin’s lifetime on the users’ devices.
- Use information from the special offers feed for writing content.
- Promote hotels. They provide higher profits.
- Analyze popular flight directions. These data are available in the Reports section of your dashboard. Use this information to write new posts and/or promote the existing ones.
Some integration details are illustrated with examples and are available in the Affiliate tools section.
If the ready-made tools are not enough, you can benefit from our API. It will increase your opportunities and provide different statistics. You can learn all the details from the "Developers (API and data) section".
For starters, take a look at the following articles, which provide step-by-step instructions:
- First steps;
- Getting started;
- Allowable traffic types;
- Commission and payments;
- Affiliate tools;
- Mobile app for searching tickets and hotels;
- White Label.
Feel free to contact our Support Team if you still have any questions.
Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Submit a request