What you should know about the Travelpayouts affiliate network
- You earn approximately $7 from each sold plane ticket and an average of $20 from each hotel booking if the average booking bill is $400.
- The payments from hotel bookings are made at a delay and only after the traveler checks out of the hotel. Please don’t be surprised if you don’t see this profit in your Member Area right away. Wait a bit and you will surely see it there.
- If a ticket is purchased on the website of a low-cost airline company (airasia.com, ryanair.com, bangkokair.com, tiger.com, jetstar.com, or flydubai.com), you won’t receive any profit since these companies don’t pay us any commissions for the tickets they sell. However, to enable users to look for the cheapest airline tickets, we must show in the search results the prices offered by low-cost airline companies.
- A user who follows your link gets a cookie with a lifetime of 30 days. This means that all the airline ticket purchases and hotel bookings the user makes within 30 days of the date of the creation of the cookie with your marker on the user’s computer will be attributed to you.
- If a user installs a mobile app, the browser cookie lifetime becomes unlimited, which means all the user’s subsequent purchases will be attributed to you.
- The greater the number of users who install our mobile apps by following your links, the higher your profits.
- The best conversion rate is ensured by blog posts in which bloggers recommend a certain direction, a hotel, or an offer.
- It is not enough to put a form on the sidebar or add a link to the menu — this won’t ensure that you achieve the result you want. The correct placement is horizontal, right after the article. The visitor reads your article and gets interested in buying a ticket instead of missing the form while reading. Also, you must encourage your visitors to make the purchase, to go for the trip, and to interact with the form.
- If your post is dedicated to a certain city, insert its name into the search forms / widgets. If you tell a story about a certain hotel, suggest a link to that hotel, or better yet, use our hotel widget. This will increase the conversion rate and your profit.
- Use several widgets on the page, for instance, the search form at the beginning and the Calendar Widget at the end of a post.
- Recommend our mobile apps. Since your markers are tied to them forever, you will get profits for the app’s lifetime on users’ devices.
- Use information from the special offers feed to write content.
All the available tools are described in the Affiliate Tools sections.
If the ready-made tools are not enough, you can always benefit from our API. It will increase your opportunities and provide different statistics. You can learn all the details from the "Developers (API and data)" section.
However, for starters, take a look at the following articles, which provide step-by-step introductions:
- First steps;
- Getting started;
- Allowable traffic types;
- Commission and payments;
- Affiliate Tools;
- Mobile app for searching tickets and hotels;
- White Label;
- How to...
Feel free to contact our Support Team if you still have questions.
Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Submit a request